Cleaning your watch is very important when there is a pandemic outbreak like this, especially if you have learn more. Watches that never escape from the wrist maybe a little forgotten. The watch is in direct contact with the skin (where we use lotions, perfumes, and other products) and arguably the most can be exposed to the environment. When in a public place, saliva splashes from sneezing and coughing with coronavirus disease (COVID-19) may stick to our bodies, including the wrist where the watch is located. That’s when the watch can become a medium of transmission that we are not aware of.
Cleaning the watch does not require a long process and time. Cleaning your watch can be done in between your lunch hour or leisure time. Have a watch with what material? Whatever the material, from leather to stainless steel, here are the guidelines for cleaning the right watch. Remember, always keep your things clean and hygienic, yes!
How to Clean Rubber Watches / Rubber Strap
• First remove the silicone strap from the watch face.
• If the strap is dull, but there are no stains, just wipe the strap with a damp cloth. Can also clean under running water.
• If there is a stain on the strap, soak the strap in warm water mixed with antibacterial soap (or any mild soap) for 15 minutes. After that, wipe the stained part with a sponge. Do it repeatedly until the stain disappears. Rinse until the soap disappears, then soak again in cold water for 15 minutes.
• Dry the strap by aerating it. However, if there is no time, you can just wipe it with a dry cloth.
• Don’t forget to re-attach the strap with the watch face.
Stainless Steel Watches
• If there is dirt on the bulkhead of the strap chain, you need to first remove the bracelet. Unless your watch is water-resistant, you don’t need to take the bracelet off.
• Dip the stainless steel chain into an anti-bacterial soap solution with warm water.
• Brush the strap with a used toothbrush to remove the dirt hidden in the chain seal, as well as the attached virus.
• Rinse with running water then dry with a soft towel.
How to Clean a Leather Strap Watch
• Prepare a microfiber type cloth, then wet it until it is damp and add a few drops of anti-bacterial soap.
• Rub both sides of the watch strap with the cloth gently so as not to leave scratches.
• The thing to remember, do not let the skin material directly exposed to water to maintain its durability.
• Leather material is absorbent, make sure to clean the strap more often if you wear a leather watch almost every day.
Nylon and Denim Strap Watches
• Soak the nylon strap in a warm bath that has been mixed with anti-bacterial soap.
• Leave it for 15-20 minutes, brush with a soft brush if there are stains.
• Rinse with clean water.
• Dry by aerating, or if you want to faster use a hairdryer with a low setting to dry the bulkhead.
How to Clean a Smartwatch Type Wristwatch
• Use a cloth that has been soaked with 70 percent isopropyl alcohol or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes to scrub the entire surface of the smartwatch, except on the strap with cloth and leather material.
• Alternatively, clean the smartwatch with warm running water for 10-15 seconds.
• Keep away from using soap or cleaning products because they can damage the watch’s material.
Clean and hygienic watches, look stylish even more harmonious with physical health. In addition to routine cleaning of watches, we also need to be diligent in sports to stay healthy and fit. Don’t forget to pray for our health and safety so that the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is reluctant to approach us. Stay safe and healthy!